Semper Fi Fund / America’s Fund
The Semper Fi Fund and America’s Fund provide immediate financial assistance and lifetime support to post-9/11 wounded, critically ill and injured members of all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces, and their families, ensuring that they have the resources they need during their recovery and transition back to their communities. Since establishing in 2004, they’ve issued more than137,000 grants, totaling more than $148 million in assistance to over 18,500 of our heroes and their families.
Fregoso Outdoor Foundation
Fregoso Outdoor Foundation focuses on providing first class sporting and recreational programs to veterans, military members, and their families. They offer diversified activities such as hunting, water-skiing, snowboarding, or fishing derby’s to promote self-confidence and self-esteem, re-enforce active lifestyles, increase self-reliance; and provide the skills to adopt a constructive new hobby.
Patriots Honor – “Giving Back To Those Who Gave”
The mission of Patriots Honor is to empower our wounded veterans to pursue their passions in life while overcoming the challenges of rehabilitation and reintegration into civilian status. Patriots Honor is dedicated to enabling our veterans who lost limbs in combat to pursue their recreational passions by providing state-of-the-art prosthetics and top-of-the-line equipment.
Wounded Veteran Run is proud to support our local student veterans. Since 2015 we have donated to the Veterans Success Center at Folsom Lake College to help them with textbooks, computers, and other student needs. We also provided gift cards for gas and grocery to help over the holidays when their VA benefits are not received. In 2018 we were able to lend support to the American River College Veterans Center.Our goal is to continue this relationship and potentially grow it to help Veterans Centers at other area colleges and universities.
From past events and your kind donations we have been able to donate to local nonprofits and lend support to local veterans. Here is who we have given to over the years, but please see our programs page to learn more:
Total donated to date: $396,839.05 (updated 12/16/2019)
- Fallen Warriors Memorial Organization (Folsom, CA)
- Walk to Remember Bryan E. Hall (Elk Grove, CA)
- Rolling Hills Blue Star Moms (Folsom, CA)
- Scooter hitch and ramp for El Dorado County veteran
- Veterans Golf Park for Disabled Vets (Citrus Heights, CA)
- Donation for adapted house for wounded veteran (Davis, CA)
- Christmas for military families in need (El Dorado County, CA & Sacramento County, CA)
- Phoenix Training Warriors Reborn (Roseville, CA)
- Defenders of Freedom, CA Chapter (Sacramento, CA)
- Wounded Warrior Project (national nonprofit)
- Paralympic Sport Sacramento – Bottled water donation (Sacramento, CA)
- El Dorado Hills Veterans Memorial Park (El Dorado Hills, CA)
- Fregoso Outdoor Foundation (El Dorado Hills, CA)
- Patriots Honor (Lincoln, CA)
- Horses Healing Heroes (Herald, CA)
- Folsom Lake College Foundation- FLC Veterans Resource Center (Folsom, CA)
- Folsom Veterans Hall (Folsom, CA)
- Homeless Veteran care packages (Folsom, CA)
- Semper Fi Fund / Americas Fund (national nonprofit)
- American River College Veterans Center (Sacramento, CA)
- Forgotten Soldier Program (Auburn, CA)
We have also been given tickets to various plays, concerts, sporting events, and comedy shows which we give out to Veterans and their family members. We also match donated items, like wheelchairs or scooters, to veterans in need.